Typing in reverse! esuom lacitpo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Intellimouse Wireless Explorer 2; mouse works fine. Dell keyboard is putting each letter I type, before, not after, the last. If I put the mouse over the weird text in box, it slowly scrolls backwards over the letter. Not erasing, but moving on its own.

Any ideas?

What i suggest is for you to either uninstall the drivers or use system restore to get back to a time before you installed the drivers.
Then boot up and let the os install standard drivers, see if all is well.

Also, double check your connections at the back of the pc and make sure there isnt a bent wire on the mouse or keyboard connector that plugs into the ps2 port at the back of your pc. I have seen that happen a lot, its easy to happen.

I have had this before too, but only with vowels... wierd:S

Anyways, in my case it seems to have something to do with internet explorer whilst I was playing Runescape - or using any other Java application... Check If you have java or something in your system tray, close it down and try again.

Good luck,

regards

korrupt

you could try to see that you're in the correct language or that the "write Left to right" option is not enabled.. i cant recall where i saw it apart from this game i have, but maybe in control panel under languages or something..

Weirder yet...

Latest on mouse/keyboard conflict,

Only types backwards in Google search window or address window on Firefox, NOT IE. Go figure. In IE, the world is sane. Now, this is a MS product...

BTW, I can unplug the wireless Intellimouse, plug in the wired logitech and everything works fine.

Problem there is, I really like wireless, use it for Autocad.

Another good reason to uninstall any drivers for that Intellimouse.
I figured that a standard mouse or keyboard would work fine and that only the intellimouse drivers would give you trouble.
That is, if you had installed intellimouse drivers at all.

Can you try the intellimouse on another pc? If, of course, it does the same thing on another pc then its likely the mouse is defective. Same with keyboard.

Maybe DaVinci's ghost has haunted your mouse.

I have had this happen before on RFT units. Replacing the back plane corrected them. But then again thats part of the keyboard on the unit.....hummmm maybe corrupt drivers are the culprit as said in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back