TechSpot

Uber is sabotaging Lyft through dodgy recruitment tactics

By Scorpus
Aug 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Earlier this month, Lyft alleged that Uber employees had booked and cancelled more than 5,000 rides in an attempt to sabotage the competing ride-sharing company. At the time Uber refuted the allegations, going on to claim that Lyft had used similar...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,551   +2,353

If nothing else, this Uber versus Lyft battle is an entertaining break from the Patent Wars. It's difficult to remember the last time two companies tried to take out one another with something other than lawyers.

BlueDrake and ikesmasher like this.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,882

This is entertaining to watch, yet somehow, I'll still be getting there via my car, my motorcycle, or the trolley.

Oh perhaps, this battle between, "industry titans", is better expressed thus, "my unlicensed cab company is better than your unlicensed cab company".

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,551   +2,353

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,882

I'll give you, "more fun to watch", but that's about it.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,050

They're going about it the wrong way, they should both enlist the services of street gangs to steal one anothers cars and pay them a few bucks. Much cheaper and more effective.