TechSpot

Ubisoft hacked, passwords stolen

1. From an email this morning... Ubiscrewed me.
    [​IMG]
    Security update regarding your Ubisoft account
    - please create a new password

Dear Member,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.

As a result, we are recommending that you change the password for your account: spydercanopus

To enter your new password, click the link below: [redacted]

Out of an abundance of caution, we also recommend that you change your password on any other Web site or service where you use the same or a similar password.

You can find more information here https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eYZ2CAM

For any additional support enquiries, please contact our customer service via our support web site at https://support.ubi.com

We sincerely apologize to all of you for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that your security remains our priority.

The Ubisoft team
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

I received the same email this morning. It seems a little suspicious though..
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,428   +217

It's good to be suspicious and not necessarily take an email at face value but in this case it appears that Ubisoft was indeed hacked. It is being widely reported throughout the internet.
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,466   +622

Ha, Gmail put this straight in my Spam! :D

Going to ubisoft.com shows the password reset link too.
  5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,942   +899

Too bad I never check the email it was sent to. Thanks! Reset done.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.