Ubisoft Massive claims The Division PC version "won't be a port"

By Russ Boswell
Dec 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Ubisoft Massive has said it plans to fully utilize the capabilities of the PC platform for its upcoming title, The Division. This isn't just going to be another PC/console port in which the computer-based finished product ends up looking hastily...

Read more
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Knowing Ubisoft, I am going to sit back and wait and see. got burnt enough times by them. last time with Assassins III, worst optimization ever.
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 826   +212

This is great news (for PC gamers) on the eve of the new consoles releasing. The PS4 and XBox1 are already outdated before little jonny even opens his new console for Christmas.
  4. ryan29121

ryan29121 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 182

Looks incredible
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 962   +98

Jizz, in, my, pants! God I so want this game, deffo something new and refreshing. I might actually get a console for this as well, depending if some irls play this.
    wastedkill likes this.
  6. Chuck Cortes

Chuck Cortes Newcomer, in training Posts: 53   +13

I have said it before, not only is PC Gaming not dead, its actually coming back stronger. No matter how great people will say consoles are, no one can argue against PC gaming. The only excuse they use to have was that consoles were cheaper but now that you can build a PC within the same price range and get all the benefits of a PC on top of gaming, not to mention getting games that will never make it to console (like Starcraft II) plus getting games and dirt cheap prices (just look at Steam's sales), it seems PC Gaming has nothing to worry about.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,972   +729

I was a big fan of the series until I dropped good money on that mess hence I'm avoiding AC IV like the plague. The series need to go back to it's roots and a more interesting time in history. Not that the golden age of pirates wasn't interesting, it's just not AC.
  8. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,117   +232

I hope the 890's come out the same time this game comes out as I would LOVE to get 2 890's to run this bad boy with, I can not wait until I can get my hands on it :D This game looks amazing I am gonna be playing this game for 24/7 for a 7 days!
  9. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,887   +353

You can get PCs that will play all the console games and more for the price, true, but you lose the convenience of a console as well as CONSISTENT performance (thats better than a PC for the same price due to static hardware) without having to mess with graphic settings.

I would agree that PC gaming is much more viable now for many more people but console gaming still has advantages.
  10. Xasrai

Xasrai Newcomer, in training

As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
    scorpionvenom likes this.
  11. I wouldn't call static hardware an advantage as it forces one into using already outdated hardware for a period of ten years. The only advantage console gaming has is facilitating ones laziness and I don't think I am overstepping any bounds in saying that, that isn't really an advantage.

12. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,887   +353

True it forces one upon outdated hardware. But why does it matter when games can be coded for one set of hardware to run better?
    Try running battlefield 3 on the hardware equivelant of the xbox 360 in a PC. it wont work.
    Thus allowing for cheaper consoles to run equivelant games.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.