Ubisoft website hacked, account information compromised

By Shawn Knight
Jul 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Ubisoft recently discovered that one of their websites had been hacked and the attacker(s) were able to gain unauthorized access to some of their online systems. The company didn’t reveal exactly how many accounts were compromised but did suggest that...

Read more
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

Already reset my password! Got an email myself from them, lol, this happens way too often...
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

...and that's why I didn't play the copy of Far Cry 3 that I got free with a hard drive. I want to play games without the need for business association. Even if uPlay wasn't effected this time, the company was hacked and that's the same to me.

I have trust issues here with these companies. And there's no apologies to the customer, just a recommendation to reset your password. Great.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Whats the worst that could happen, if you don't reset your password?

I only have one game downloaded through them, of which I never play.
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

Well, if you use your Ubisoft account's e-mail on other services and the password is the same, then your other accounts can be compromised. Other than that, there should be nothing to worry about.
  6. MrBungle

MrBungle TS Booster Posts: 151   +67

Eh, I boycotted them long ago so no biggie.
  7. Funny a company so anal about drm is so vulnerable to being hacked. Maybe they should spend their anit theft money on protecting the account info.