ughhh System Alert Popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Is this the system alert pop that has a programme of the same name in your add remove programmes that can`t be removed?

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of stephen525 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Unfortunately, having looked at your HJT log, your system alert popup is the least of your problems. Your system is infected with quite a bit of malware. In order to get rid of it all, you`re going to have to do quite a lot of work.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Download LSPFix from http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm
1. Disconnect from the Internet, go to the LSPfix file and extract/unzip LSP-Fix into its own folder [C:\lspfix].
2. Open the lspfix folder and double-click on LSPFix.exe to start the program.
3. Check the "I know what I am doing" checkbox.
4. Select (highlight) all instances of 'proxyfilter.dll' in the left column under "Keep".
5. Click the arrow >> so it goes over to the right column under "Remove".
6. Click "Finish" and LSPfix will remove references to the file and restore the chain numbers.
7. Restart your computer

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

hide my ip 2007
Video ActiveX Object

Close control panel.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object<Delete the entire folder.
c:\program files\hide my ip 2007<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Download the Autoruns programme from HERE. When the programme runs, click options and make sure the "Hide Microsoft Entries" is ticked. Click the file menu and select refresh. Click the save icon and save the Autoruns log to wherever you want.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also, attach the Autoruns log here.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of stephen525 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back