UK's GCHQ announces a new cyber security institute

By Leeky
Sep 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Britain's Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) has announced a new academic cyber security institute will open in the UK next month. Partly funded by a £3.8 million ($6.1m) grant from the country's spy center, the move comes as the government looks...

Read more
  2. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,252   +140

"already eight percent of our GDP is generated from the cyber-world and that trend is set to grow,? said Rt. Hon. Francis Maude, Minister for the Cabinet Office"

Cyber world! Im guessing this guy based his ecommerce views on the lawnmower man movie :)
  3. I want to get into the cyber security area as a job but no idea on how to get started as I have no knowledge of cyber security and I have no places close to me that teach it.
  4. Khanonate

Khanonate TechSpot Member Posts: 91   +7

Start with getting a degree in Computer Science and you might have to move to be a bit near a school. Some would suggest online courses but I prefer classroom instructions.
    DanUK likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.