Ultimate Fixer 2007 + Spyware Detection Alert Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamboogy

hi there, every time i boot up my computer the ultimate fixer 2007 and spyware detection alert (red circle in taskbar with white exclamation mark inside) pop up automatically and it is slowing down my computer ALOT and is proving to be very annoying. i have read up about the ultimate fixer 2007 but i cannot seem to find files like ultimatefixer.exe etc. well, here is my HJT log.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jamboogy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks for your reply.

i read the thread and internet banking IS used on this computer. even if you did help me clean my computer would that still mean that i would be in the risk of keyloggers or backdoor trojans anyway, meaning i would have to reformat anyway?

Here are the logs you wanted. I also found NO rootkits on the computer. By the way, sorry about the file being zipped. the file was too big so i had to do that.

Thanks

Since internet banking is used on your system, I must advise you to disconnect from the net and reformat immediately. Contact your bank and advise them that your system has been compromised.

Doing anything else, is an extremely large risk to take with your finances.

I can of course try and clean your system, but I cannot guarantee 100% that even after cleaning, it`d be safe to use for online banking etc.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jamboogy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Would malware/viruses be able to take bank details that dated back to at least last week? I remember the computer not being infected until about Monday. I would also like to know what kind risk levels the malware is. Is it very serious?

I would also like to add that I have some sentimental items on this computer, so I would be quite unhappy to remove these by reformatting

Your system is infected with various unknown trojans that may or may not have a backdoor capability.

It is also infected with a fraud tool trojan that will almost certainly have backdoor capabilities.

Every moment you delay in reformatting, gives rise to greater risk of your details being stolen and misused.

I cannot impress upon you strongly enough how serious this is.

The sentimental items you have, you could more than likely backup to cd/dvd if they are pictures/music.

You say your system only became infected on monday. However, in reality, you don`t actually know that, as lack of symptoms, doesn`t necessarily mean your system isn`t infected.

I assume that this would mean most of the information I am typing in is being tracked? I will most probably reformat the computer because I would rather keep my bank details safe. I have only just noticed the system restore function. If I did reformat, then should I set up a system restore point, as the computer should be safe once it is reformatted?

Yes the computer would be safe after a reformat.

Windows will automatically create system restorepoints during intallation of itself and the various programmes etc you install.

Whether or not you have a keylogger on your system, remains to be seen. So, it`s possible that whatever you type is being sent somewhere.

It is extremely important that you contact your bank and appraise them of what has happened. I advise you to do this, either in person or via telephone. DO NOT do it via the computer.

You will need to change all passwords, once you have reinstalled as the old passwords may have been compromised.

Ok, thanks for all your help anyway. Just to be sure, would it be good to install AVG Anti-Spyware once I reformat?

You`d be better off installing SS&D and Ad-Aware. AVG Antispyware, can be a bit of a resource hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back