TechSpot

Ultra 100 BIOS uninstalled!

By smile harder
Dec 15, 2004
  1. When my computer starts to load it comes up with a screen that says Ultra 100 BIOS (tm) BIOS Version 2.01 (Build 27). As it continues to load it says Ultra 100 BIOS is not installed because there were no drivers attached. It then goes to a black page that reads Operating system not found on any devices. It also beeps several times after I turn it on. Is there any thing I can do.
    Thanks!

2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

Are you using an ATA controller card or RAID? post your system specs.

3. smile harder

smile harder TS Rookie Topic Starter

Here are my specs. Sorry it took so long.

Pentium 3 500MHz (Slot 1 Katmai Core)
    3Dfx Voodoo3 3000 Video Card
    128MB of PC100 RAM
    10GB Western Digital Hard Drive
    Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card
    High quality modem with Conexant chipset
    Generic 10/100 NIC
    Mitac Motherboard
    4 USB 1.1 Ports
    2 Firewire ports
    200W Compaq Power Supply
    10X Pioneer DVD-ROM
    8x2x24x CD-RW Drive

Thanks

I am using an ATA controller card also.

4. vegasgmc

Go to the ATA cards manufacturer websit and check the online manual. It will tell how to reinstall the drivers. Also hook up your hard drive to the motherboards IDE and see if you can boot up the system that way. If not it could be a faulty drive or corrupt boot sector. I just went through this with a Promise ATA card . My boot drive was on it and one day it just stopped working. I had to pull the card and run off the motherboard.

5. smile harder

smile harder TS Rookie Topic Starter

I hooked up my hard drive to the motherboard's IDE and it booted up that way, but can I continue to run it that way or do I need to do something else?
    Thanks for all of your help!

6. vegasgmc

Check the manual to see if there is a particular routine for installing the drivers. Some have to be done before the computer boots. I never got mine to work again.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.