Ummm possible CPU upgrades for a Dell Dim 3000? *takes cover*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSO Gamer

Well basically, my video card is similar to that of that on my mother's PC which runs the games I play supurbly. Then again it is a different model of Dell, the Dimension 5100.

Anyway... looking at the specs of her computer the only huge difference I can see here is her computer has a gig of ram, and it has (two) pentinum 4 processors.... O.o

I have a Celeron, but only one. I heard that the celeron is like a slow pentium 3 or something like that. Anyway, is there a way I can have to processors in this computer like her's does? Even so, or if not... what would be the best cpu to get for my particualr make and brand without going through the lengths of getting a brand new motherboard/computer. I want a brand new computer, but its not going to happen for along time to come...-.-

However, I think if I get a better CPU, then I can bare with what I have at the moment.

Please help me...

thanks in advance

The processor in her PC will most probably be a Pentium 4 HT, which shows up as two processors but is actually only one physical processor and another virtual processor that shows up as two physical ones. The maximum supported by ur PC is a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 HT Socket 478, so get that if u can afford it. Also, consider upgrading ur RAM to 1GB for better performance.

The reviews for it is good...however peopkle seem to all say it runs really hot...x.x

Any ideas on heatsinks/fans for it?

Then again...so does my Celeron....>_>

the stock hsf unit when you get the P4 is sufficient to cool it, provided you also take care of your PC and clean the dust out once in a while. But its damn insanely noisy...

you can get third party hsf if you want to, brands like zalman, thermaltake and coolermaster are just examples of some.. they do much better job at cooling than the stock in comparison and some offer super quiet operation..

Alright, I got one...

I ordered one from newegg right before I went to sleep. I've never changed CPU's before... is it really complicated? Well, I guess I'll find out in a few days when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back