Un-deleteable files

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

recently i tried to download a demo but after starting the download i cloked how long it was gonna take so i figured not 2 bother, so i stopped the download, (this was a torrent if that helps)
I tried to delete it but it wouldnt delete, even after a few restarts, i looked in teh task manager but theres nothing new there, or nothing id think would be using 1/100000th of a file. I also tried downloading anotehr demo but stopped it halfway and the same things happening, wont delete. Both these files have the same icon, looks like a mini window but says c:_ in it, as if its a dos prompt. And AGAIN i downloaded a game (not halfway got the full thing), hte icons the way it should be, works fine but wont delete. Ive scanned 4 spyware,adware,hijackers,virus' . Any Idea's?

p.s. also incase it helps, it may be a coincidence but around the time i downloaded the first undeleteable one my ping in games has been alot higher, went from teh usual 10-50 to 80-110 :unch:

Try deleting them in safe mode. If not start in Dos and delete them from there. You'll have to note the names of the files first.

Does your torrent client start in the backround when Windows starts? If so, it may be holding on to the file. Try to kill it if that's the case and delete, or start in safe mode as previously suggested.

That safe mode idea worked, i thought it would but i forgot how to do it on XP lol but i figured it out, just slapped all teh F key's :knock:

But me being me tried to download another game an got hit with a file like i had before (a undeleteable one) and it wouldnt even delete in safe mode, but that killbox thing deleted it. My Pings still high though (even although it went down last night after i deleted the undeleteable files from before) but thats for another thread lol thanx for all the help :D

Other Bittorent clients may still be trying to "talk" to you.

If you can renew your IP from your ISP, that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back