Unable to access a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

This has been almost afew months now that my computer browser both IE and Firefox (I tried serveral other computers inside our network) cannot access to one of those forum site (I can give out the link, but maybe not in this case?), at first I thought their server had shut down since my Internet connection is fully working fine, though today one of my friend told me about that forum and said it has never been shut down before and they can access it... so I tried again but still doesn't work but the weird thing is this time I went to command dos and do a ping to its address and they reply back 100% but why can't my browser access it?

FYI, I have also done a fresh reformat about a week ago and all my software, antivirus, firewall and OS (xp pro) are all up to date. Now what's seem to cause this problem can you guyz help me out.

Thankx

It depends what the link is. At this moment in time it could be one or more of many different things that are causing your problem.

I didn't expect any replying to be this fast, I'm amazed... well here is the link of the site LINK I cannot understand why my browser can access all sites I have visited excepts the one above and pings still reply... What's should I do next?

Spike no luck all I had is this, I am gonna do a whole scan from Housecall site...

my.php

good info; get a cmd prompt and run tracert 209.200.224.126
you should get to the site. if this timesout, it's beyond your control and
the last line is the system with the connectivity problem

From what you said if I were to run a tracert tracert 209.200.224.126 then my browser will likely to access that site again? although I am afraid it's doesn't and here is my tracer result (I have no idea how to read it)

it confirms access (at the tcp level) from your system to that site.
this fingers your browser as the most likely problem.
go to tools, options
(IE) delete Files under Temporary files
(Firefox) empty cache
Under Connections, click Lan Settings
clear the box Proxy Server, then OK

I tried delete all cookies and cache from both browser but still the same problem, I don't have anymore input this is the weirdness thing has ever happen to me.

Edit: Perhap my IP address has been banned from the site itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back