TechSpot

Unable to access microsoft.com

By Mark Fuller
May 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I just had to reformat an xp machine today and It will not go to microsoft's website. Have they stopped supporting xp alltogether no matter what browser? All other websites work well.
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,811   +178

Yes, as far as updates
  3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 162

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know, by the way, will I be able to validate the copy of xp I reinstalled or will it expire after 30 days?
  4. Cobalt006

You can call over the phone and activate XP. Don't know if it will over the internet for sure.
  5. Mark Fuller

6. Cobalt006

Your welcome Good luck, hope you get it up and running.
  7. Mark Fuller

Microsoft would give no support over the phone. I am also unable to access other websites like avira even with chrome.
  8. Cobalt006

Wow, I just activated Xp for someone two weeks ago. Threw the automated phone call. If this is the case their not even activating it. It will just start shutting down. Plus most of it features may not not work.
  9. Taimur Bangash

Taimur Bangash TS Rookie

Search google you will get your desired answer
  10. Mark Fuller

I googled the answer, now I Have it activated. Now when I bring up google chrome it says that it unable to connect to the real google and I am unable to check my email. Also, I am unable to access some websites like norton and avira to get an antivirus.
  11. Cobalt006

How did you activate it? .
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014

12. Mark Fuller

There was a video on youtube that showed me how to edit the registry.
  13. Cobalt006

This is may be the reason why you can not. Get on Google or access some web sites.. I read some where before. That when you activate it. They tell you not to let it update from Microsoft. In others words it is not activated legally.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.