Unable to access microsoft.com

Mark Fuller

I just had to reformat an xp machine today and It will not go to microsoft's website. Have they stopped supporting xp alltogether no matter what browser? All other websites work well.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know, by the way, will I be able to validate the copy of xp I reinstalled or will it expire after 30 days?

You can call over the phone and activate XP. Don't know if it will over the internet for sure.

Microsoft would give no support over the phone. I am also unable to access other websites like avira even with chrome.

Wow, I just activated Xp for someone two weeks ago. Threw the automated phone call. If this is the case their not even activating it. It will just start shutting down. Plus most of it features may not not work.

I googled the answer, now I Have it activated. Now when I bring up google chrome it says that it unable to connect to the real google and I am unable to check my email. Also, I am unable to access some websites like norton and avira to get an antivirus.

This is may be the reason why you can not. Get on Google or access some web sites.. I read some where before. That when you activate it. They tell you not to let it update from Microsoft. In others words it is not activated legally.

Last edited:
Back