TechSpot

Unable to Add Users XP pro

By JaimeDavid
Dec 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have XP pro with SP2 in my home stand alone pc. I log in as administrator. I go to the security tab of a file and when I click in the Add button to add a user, I get this error: "Unable to display the user selection dialog. (null)".
    Please help me.
    Thanks, :wave:
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Are there any other users setup on the computer? Or is the administrator the only one?

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
  3. JaimeDavid

JaimeDavid Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

There are other users setup.
    And thanks for the welcome. I was here a couple months ago and was helped with some virus issues.
    Thanks, :bounce:
  4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

try to do in management user groups
    there was a article on a lockout for W2K
    not sure if that applys to XP
  5. JaimeDavid

JaimeDavid Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

May be related

When I go to Management, select a user, go to properties, to the 'Memeber of' tab and click on the add button, I get another message: "An error ocurred attempting to create the Object Picker. An error with no description occurred"
    Seems like the error messages are related. But I'm not locked out, I just can't give the permissions that I want to users for a specific file. Any more ideas?
    They are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, :knock:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.