Unable to boot except in safe mode

driftcat23

I've looked through forums to find out if someone else had the same problem but I wasn't able to find one. =(
My computer gets to the windows login screen and the little ring showing me its loading shows up, but does not rotate as though it was actually loading. I can boot in safe mode and I have run Ccleaner, Avast! antivirus and checked for malware and spyware. Thorough scans found a few files here and there but my issue has not been resolved. Yesterday my computer was not coming out of standby after leaving it alone for long enough. This is a definite step in the wrong direction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Heeeelp!

I think whatever malicious file I picked up deleted all my system restore points as well because my computer makes new ones weekly every sunday and now I have NONE.

Boot in Safe Mode.
Create a new User Account (Admin)
Reboot and log on to your new account.

Since your using Avast, do a boot time scan.

So I did that and ran a boot time scan which detected nothing. Ended up having to create a 3rd account as well because my system froze when tinkering on the 2nd one and when I had to force a reboot it started behaving the same way. No corrupted or malicious files detected after rerunning all my programs. Wouldnt even care about using this user instead but I'm concerned if I turn it off this one will die again. Any further advice?

Thanks by the way this is the biggest step in the right direction all day!

What are you doing when this things started to happen? Added any programs lately that might have compatibility issues?

Use CCleaner on Safe Mode and Tools | Startup | Save to text file... Post the resulting log.

Try also this. Turn all startups except your antivirus and reboot in Normal Mode.

Yes HKLM:Run BCSSync "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe" /DelayServices
Yes HKLM:Run Razer Naga Driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Naga\RazerNagaSysTray.exe
Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Avast! "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
Yes HKLM:Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
Yes HKLM:RunOnce Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent

Just ran Malware Bytes again and got:
Files Infected:
c:\system volume information\_restore{0ef0dc1f-c010-4dbd-879b-dc2b145d3868}\RP363\A0085110.dll (Adware.SmartShopper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

might explain why I have no system restore points?
downloaded some security programs suggested by friends and running a thorough scan and restarting. I'll post again either way when its done.

Success! Malware Bytes detected files that my old program did not and I'm successfully logged on as my original account.

Thank you so much for all your help if there was a button to give positive rep I'd spam it all day long tomorrow. Now I'm tired of being at my computer though. Thanks again.

Back