Unable to boot from disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,
I have a question to ask and see if you can tell me what my problem is?
I have an
Acer Aspire AM1100-B1410A
2.1 GHz BE-2350 AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor
2 GB RAM
320 GB SATA HD

decided to pefform a complete system wipe before loading new windows xp onto computer, but after wiping everythings screwing up, i cant load windows onto it, for one when i chose a partition to load it onto there are none, the box is simply blank, i cant create a new partition it dosnt work. If i peform chkdsk or chkdsk /r it promptly informs me i have one or more "unrecoverable" problems....hmm that sounds fun.... and if i do try to boot from my windows xp disk i get through windows setup and to the " enter=continue r=repair F3=quit" wen i chose continue it gewtsa me to the license agreement page where i f8 to accept, now onto the list of partitions page....but oh no there r no partitions availible and it states there is no disk in this drive, if i hit enter anyway the setup fails right after .... 305243 mb disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi.....<setup cannot acess this disk> unknown disk
<there is no disk in this drive> unknown disk
repeat and etc......

It's because of the SATA hard drive. Windows isn't recognizing it because it doesn't have the correct driver which is common. If your BIOS will allow you to switch the SATA/RAID controller to IDE mode instead of SATA/AHCI or RAID, that should allow Windows Setup to recognize the SATA hard drive and then the installation of Windows should continue without further problems.

If not, you will need to install the SATA/RAID drivers at the F6 prompt at the beginning of Windows Setup. Of course, you will need a floppy drive for this to work. The alternative to this is to make a slipstream CD that combines the needed drivers with the WIndows CD. Google for the procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back