Unable to Complete Reinstall XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, (thank you for reading)

About 3 months ago when I turned on my laptop (HPzv5000) I had an error message and logged on here and found the advice that I needed, (how to reinstall etc). After completing that it worked fine. I reinstalled all of my original software and everything worked wonderfully, until yesterday.

I tried to do the reinstall (repair not working) and received an error stating that their may be an internal setup error and Windows was not installed. I went in to the BIOS and reset to default, restarted and tried again, with no avail, it says "NTDLR Missing" press ctl+alt+del to restart. I tried to reinstall again...several files were unable to be copied and then it went back to unable to install windows. This process took 12 hours.

I have read all of the threads posted within this topic (reinstall and NTDLR Missing) and am still unsure of what I need to do to get my computer to boot. What information from me can I provide to assist in gaining advice? BTW, I am using the original OS CD that came with my laptop.

Thanks for any assistance you may provide. ~Rachael

We can walk you through getting windows installed again (most likely) but the thing is, there seems to be something (probably faulty hardware) that is causing windows to go corrupt again and again. Reinstalling windows will not fix that, and in fact if you DO have some damaged hardware in there as I suspect you do, by not fixing it you are risking having it damage other parts of your computer.

I would take it in at this point to a professional and get it serviced.

i think one/more of your hardware components might be damaged.

U should send ur laptop to Providers Technic Support Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back