Unable to connect to internet win xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
My earlier problems were apparently related to spy/ad ware. When I removed them, I lost internet connectivity. I have done multiple google, msoft kb methods, ipconfig reset...netsh utility--all without benefit. Tried winsock fix--no help, and there is no winsock problem (using a diagnostic utility-netdiag/test:winsock/v). When I do ipconfig/all there is no primary dns suffix and neither ip routing nor wins proxy are enabled. DHCP is enabled, autoconfig is enabled, no default gateway. Any ideas would be appreciated. I've tried to reinstall tcp/ip manually with nettcpip.inf file and with winsockxpfix. But no change. Any ideas from the knowledgeable folk out there would be most appreciated. I attached my iconfig/all result.

Attachments

• ipconfigall.doc
    21 KB · Views: 6
hi
what modem/router are you using?
what happens when you ping 127.0.0.1 at the command prompt?
in the settings for your network card, are the tcp/ip settings set to automatic for the ip address and dhcp?
Cheers

Hello-cable modem. When I tried a ping test, packets were sent out, none were received. I will check the other settings you mentioned-I'm away from that computer now, on vacation. Thanks for your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back