Unable to download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Anything I try to download at the moment comes up with the error:
Word experienced an error trying to open the file.
It doesn't matter how large the file is, it doesn't down load it but then tries to open it anyway.
There is no transfer of data between two folders shown.
Have updated 2003 office but with no joy.
Happens with all types of file including pdfs
Any ideas?

Download from where? Using what model of computer? OS? Connection? Is all Microsoft legal on that machine? Internet Explorer 6 or 7? Are you certain that you know to which location your downloads go?

Re

Hi Raybay thanks for getting back
downloading from hotmail/yahoo says its going to a temp folder and appears where ive placed it however when I come to open the file it comes up with the error message Word experienced an error trying to open the file.
It seems to download far too fast and doesn't download all the file
It will only download 1 seconds worth of data ie if the file is 70 k and it's downloading at 25kbs it only downloads 25kbs and then attempts to open the file
Im running Windows xp microsoft office pro 2003 explorer 7

Using Windows Explorer or your usual examination connection, go to Temp folder described to see if the folder is there... or if any icon is there related to the file you downloaded, or if it is grayed out.
What sort of file is it? It doesn't sound as if you are downloading a Word file, so it is possible your computer doesn't know how to open the file because it doesn't know which opening software to use.
If there is an icon in the location to which you downloaded, you should be able to click and open the file for install, or right click on it for additional instructions.

Doesn't matter what type of file it is, and even if I save it direct to a location, everything looks fine except only a small portion of the file has downloaded.

Problem with your connection, connection software, or hardware... or an infestation that is blocking the install.
I would remove and reseat all cables and memory to rule out simple issues.
Then run the drive fitness test for your particular brand and model. Then run a full scan of your antivirus and antispyware software.

Great! Thanks for letting us know. It would be nice to know the cause, but that is for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back