Unable to get video output to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have reseated the vid card/ram and tested ram individually to see if it is the trouble.. Both ram/vid card have now been tested in other PCs and function perfectly.

When I power the PC on, everything spins up like it normally would, so there is definitely power going to it...

I'm wondering if there is a connection on the mobo that is missing, I havent used this PC in ages and all looks okay, but I can't be entirely certain. Am in the process of looking up the pinout for all connections on the mobo.

Anyone know what else I can do?

"I havent used this PC in ages" meaning that it worked when you put it away or what?

If it's been sitting for a LONG time a new CMOS battery is a good idea - it may have forgotten what it is.

:)

If it's been sitting for a LONG time a new CMOS battery is a good idea - it may have forgotten what it is.

:)

I actually swapped already, wasn't sure whether or not it was relevant to place this info in my original post. I have tested all components that can be tested separately separately.. Swapped the battery out with a new one and am still unable to get video-out. I checked my pin-outs to the mobo and all connections are good.. So does that mean my motherboard is = junk?

Usually it is appreciated if people post FULL specs and a list of what they have tried already.

Do yiou have on-board graphics? Is it disabled (now that CMOS is rset)?

No on board graphics, which really surprised me.. Cannot get any vid-out to monitor.. so even if accessing the bios were not impossible, navigating it would be.

The pC is a 3.2ghz p4 HT, asus p4p800se board, graphics(or lack thereof) provided by ATI 9600pro..

Here's a possibe quick fix

Remove the power cord (at the back of the PC)
Remove the internal Video card (leave it out!)
Hold in the ON button for 30 Secs (dispersing all internal voltage)
Re-mount the addon Video card (securely)
Put the power cord back i
Turn on

For more assistance:

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back