Unable to Link Photos with ".PNG" File Extension in Forum

captaincranky

It has come to my attention that a fellow member found it impossible to link photos to be included in a post, which contained the ".png" file extension.

The point has been made that ".png", is intended to represent, "portable net graphics", hence the confusion.

1: So, is this an active, current glitch, in the forum software?

2: Or, are images with the ".png" file extension, being excluded with good reason?

3: Could this be a case of, "pilot error", or a copyright issue coming from the point of origin?

Last edited:
png-ext.png

redir

First image was uploaded from my machine. Second image was linked from my file sharing. Both images are the same.

Most of the images I post are png - it's a superior format to jpg and I'm a bit of an A/V/P snob. The problem in that last link CC is the link itself. Convert those "+" symbols to "%2B" and it will work.
minnie%2Bmouse%2BEN%2BPNG.png

The problem in that last link CC is the link itself.
I figured there was a problem with my link, which is why I tried again with png file I found elsewhere. This doesn't seem to be a problem if the link format is supported. If the link format is not supported the image will not display regardless what the file format is.

Most of the images I post are png - it's a superior format to jpg and I'm a bit of an A/V/P snob. The problem in that last link CC is the link itself. Convert those "+" symbols to "%2B" and it will work.
OK, the link information I posted, was from the photo Cliff successfully posted. I copied and pasted the info directly from the "page info" window in Firefox. If I'm reading what you've posted correctly, the image shouldn't be up, OR, Firefox has converted "%2B" back to "+" on its own.....? :confused:

Back