Unable to logon - Local time and network time are different

Status
Not open for further replies.

maXimus4444

howdy all,

I came in this morning from the weekend. Tried to logon but I received the following error message:
"current time on this computer and the current time on the network are different."

I checked the time on our server and it was off by about 10 minutes. I changed the local time on my machine to reflect the same time on our server but still no avail.

Is there a fix to my predicament? Do I need to have the local time be updated by our server every time I logon? Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

-maX

Network setup problem. See your network system administrator, unless that is you.

We use free time clock software available by download. TClockex, and others.
They set your time by reference to an atomic clock online, and you never have to worry about it.

You can also set your desktop to synchronise with the network time automatically at boot, but my memory is not what it used to be.

I am the sys. admin. : \

Do you know how to sync the time at boot? Is that done through a batch file that is ran at logon, or is it something that is executed during the boot sequence?

Time synch is usually done at time of the boot, before the screen has finished loading. Most of the Time downloads are shown in the taskbar early in the boot process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back