Unable to map UPnP port to IP address . Help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunimi

Currently, I'm using utorrent for downloading. But it's really slow.When I clicked the logger tab last time , I saw

1. Unable to open windows firewall.
2. Unable to map UPnP port to IP address.

I went to control panel to check the windows firewall, and it said "due to unidentified problem, can't display windows firewall setting". I found a similar thread here, and fixed the problem. Thanks to whoever posted the solution.

But still, I don't get the second "unable to map UPnP port". How to fix that? Besides, lately, my connection is crappy. I thought that it wa due to some viruses and spyware that blocked my connection. Coz' I can't host images on imageshack, photobucket, and can't even change my avatar in some forums I'm in. I can't send files to others via yahoo IM or MSN though others can send files to me and can't upload find on YSI, MU or Sendspace either. The sites are slow to load, so as MSN is slow to log on. And I have to go back many time, coz' it always say cannot find server. The direct download is just fine . Those has just happened recently. Can somebody show me how to fix that ?

the UPnP port is 5000. Normally, you would use the firewall to enable or disable
access like this
{ALLOW,DENY} inbound tcp/udp any source ip destintation port 5000.
Unable to map UPnP port to IP address​
is likely a consequence of the default firewall settings, but your program(s)
should NEVER attempt to modify it, eg: 1. Unable to open windows firewall

you ought to reevaluated IF you need utorrent, realize it is not necessary
and the sun rises w/o it :)

So it's not important in the utorrent case when it says unable to map UPnP port ?

Could you please explain to me about the latter problem , which is the worse on,e causing me to be unable to complete tons of my works .

thought that it wa due to some viruses and spyware that blocked my connection. Coz' I can't host images on imageshack, photobucket, and can't even change my avatar in some forums I'm in. I can't send files to others via yahoo IM or MSN though others can send files to me and can't upload find on YSI, MU or Sendspace either. The sites are slow to load, so as MSN is slow to log on. And I have to go back many time, coz' it always say cannot find server. The direct download is just fine . Those has just happened recently. Can somebody show me how to fix that ?

kunimi said:
Coz' I can't host images on imageshack, photobucket, and can't even change my avatar in some forums I'm in. I can't send files to others via yahoo IM or MSN though others can send files to me and can't upload find on YSI, MU or Sendspace either. The sites are slow to load, so as MSN is slow to log on. And I have to go back many time, coz' it always say cannot find server. The direct download is just fine . Those has just happened recently. Can somebody show me how to fix that ?
this sounds like an unreliable connection rather than virus, trojans, et al.

1) find your ISP gateway and DNS addresses
ipconfig /all on windows systems​
then ping $gateway-address
and pathping -p 500 $dns-address
be patient on the pathping; it will some time but give you the percentage of
complete / incomplete packets -- the bigger the loss number, the worse your connection.

you didn't describe your connection; {dialup, ADSL, Cable} and if you have
a router ... please post back.

joebeard said:
you didn't describe your connection; {dialup, ADSL, Cable} and if you have
a router ... please post back.

Sorry , I forgot this. The block I'm living in has a LAN including about 20 PCs.
We have an ADSL conection. I have checked others' comp, but they are doing just fine .
We can share files on the network. But now they can't get data from my comp. The transfer is slow .

Now not only the upload, but also the download is getting really bad.
It took me like 20 mins to get onto this board.

Any possibilty that the hardware is the problem ?

kunimi said:
Sorry , I forgot this. The block I'm living in has a LAN including about 20 PCs.
We have an ADSL conection. I have checked others' comp, but they are doing just fine .
We can share files on the network. But now they can't get data from my comp. The transfer is slow .

Now not only the upload, but also the download is getting really bad.
It took me like 20 mins to get onto this board.

Any possibilty that the hardware is the problem ?
about 20 PCs? please use <ctl><alt>del and click Networking to see your utilization.

20 PCs may easily swamp a cheap-retail router! here's the scoop;
given a 10/100mbps NIC card in the router, the max usefull utilization will be limited
to about 70%, or 7/70mbps, due to the nature of ethernet technology.
above that the net goes into collision recover mode and the thruput drops
massively.
block I'm living in
also, ethernet is limited to 300 meter cable length between NICs.
please describe the 'the block' -- large condo, dorm?
please post your router Make + Model number,
and are these WiFi connections?

joebeard said:
'the block' -- large condo, dorm?

most like an old 3-floors condo. A lot of students rent apartments here,
so a guy set up this network. Pretty much a comp per an apartment, and connected with cable.

joebeard said:
please post your router Make + Model number,

Is that this ?

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

joebeard said:
and are these WiFi connections?

No, I think.

kunimi said:
most like an old 3-floors condo. A lot of students rent apartments here, so a guy set up this network. Pretty much a comp per an apartment, and connected with cable.

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
no, that's the NIC card in your pc. if your 'guy' has the router,
then he has the make/model.

It is highly possible that your fellow students are just swamping the router
with p2p file shaing, video games and the LAN is just suffering. talk to the
group to see if they have the same problem and/or if your problem has specific
times that this occurs -- likely evening when everyone is out of class.

joebeard said:
no, that's the NIC card in your pc. if your 'guy' has the router,then he has the make/model.

Sorry . I will go ask him , and post back asap.

joebeard said:
It is highly possible that your fellow students are just swamping the router
with p2p file shaing, video games and the LAN is just suffering. talk to the
group to see if they have the same problem and/or if your problem has specific
times that this occurs -- likely evening when everyone is out of class.

I thought so at first. But as I said, other's PCs were just doing all good when i tried. Only mine encounters the problem. about p2p files sharing, almost noone shares files at all. Just when one needs something, and he/she asks then another will share files .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back