Unable to see some images/attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Sometimes,when I have images sent me, there is a red cross to click, but I can't activate it, I seem to remember asking this before, some time back, but now I have just come across it again, & I'm afraid I have forgotten. I believe that I was told that I had to alter some settings?, please enlighten me again, I will note it down, this time!

Maurice :D

Is it that you can't see them in emails? or in general (while using IE). If its an email problem and you are using outlook express you need to go to the Tools menu and then to Options (its the bottom one). Then go to the Security Tab and from there you need to UNCHECK "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".

This may or may not be the information you are needing, but I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well, did I?, no, it's not only in e-mails, it's whenever & where ever it applies, I take it then,that it isn't just a matter of doing what you said, on OE, or should I do the same whilst on IE, would that do the trick, to cover both areas?
Don't think I put THAT too plainly either!,.... can you pick out the wood from the chaff, & sort it for me?, Thanks.

Maurice

well if there are red Xs then there is a fair chance that that image doesn't exist at that location anymore.

To my knowledge there isn't anything in IE you need to change to view images, I know you can manually turn them OFF but obviously that is not what is desired here. So you are correct that doing what I described will not help you here (you should check it out if you use OE though to save future complications).

As an honest suggestion to you I would say you may be better off in an OVERALL sense by downloading and using the latest free version of Opera, I can walk you through making the Ad banner in it less obstructive. But the reason I suggest Opera is that it is a browser that you will have much less exploits being found and used to harm your computer, and also it has some out of the box features that you will not find (but can get) with firefox.
It can be found at www.opera.com

Also if those images don't show up in opera (there won't be a red X there will just be a box that is empty, likely with some text in it) then there is no image there at that location.

Thanks again, SNGX, 'preciate you following this up, think I will go to Tools on OE, & reconfigure as you said, but being wary of any strange emails, when "my" techno lent me his laptop, he configured so that I couldn't open attachments on OE, presumably to protect his machine whilst it was with me, [sensible guy] he cocked up my laptop in the end, but that's another story, the repairs cost HIM over £300, you'll probably remember me relating this.
I will have a look at "Opera"

Maurice:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back