Unable to sign in to MSN or Online Games, Thinking its a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaeb

Hi, I have this problem with my computer. I had a few virus for a few days but now i have cleaned out my computer (I think, everything running smoothly) but there are these few hanging around problems.

Even though i cleaned my computer out, I cant sign on MSN Messenger or Online Games (such as World of Warcraft) I have contacted my ISP they say everything is fine, Internet Explorer works but everytime I sign onto MSN or Online Games, it has a yellow triangle picture with a exclamation mark in the middle pointing out Key Ports - "Failed to connect to the service. This could be due to improper proxy or firewall settings. Please review your proxy and firewall settings."

but checking my computer theres no Firewall activated (well that, that i know of) and proxy settings are on "automatic detect settings"
and with World of Warcraft it just wont let me Connect "Unable to Connect"

I think theres still a roaming virus hanging around. Please Help me Find it. Thank You

Go and read this thread HERE. Follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kaeb only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back