Unable to start my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(
hello, i have just bought an Asus p4v533-MX motherboard running with an Intel Celeron 1.7gb processor.
All connections are completed and correct to the best of my limited knowledge in assembling PC as in accordance to the manual.

There is a green led which is lit and the keyboard lights are up when the power is first turned on.

When power is on the fans will not run including the power supply fan and cpu fan.

Any troubleshooting advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

The first thing I'm going to say (and don't get mad because I've done this before) is check the switch on the back of the power supply to make sure it's clicked to 120 and not 240. The other thing is if you've got a multimeter handy, check the voltage, both 5V and 12V sides of the plugs to make sure you've got ample voltage to your motherboard. Also (and I've done this as well) make sure, if it requires it, that the separate 12V plug is in the motherboard besides the normal ATX power plug.

I know this might sound stupid, but have you actually double check all the jumper settings. Make sure they are all set appropriately.

Thank you all for ur kind replies, i did all that has been suggested and voila my PC is running smoothly now.Thanks a bunch mates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back