TechSpot

unable to start my pc

By Chicky
Dec 30, 2003
  1. :(
    hello, i have just bought an Asus p4v533-MX motherboard running with an Intel Celeron 1.7gb processor.
    All connections are completed and correct to the best of my limited knowledge in assembling PC as in accordance to the manual.

There is a green led which is lit and the keyboard lights are up when the power is first turned on.

When power is on the fans will not run including the power supply fan and cpu fan.

Any troubleshooting advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

2. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

The first thing I'm going to say (and don't get mad because I've done this before) is check the switch on the back of the power supply to make sure it's clicked to 120 and not 240. The other thing is if you've got a multimeter handy, check the voltage, both 5V and 12V sides of the plugs to make sure you've got ample voltage to your motherboard. Also (and I've done this as well) make sure, if it requires it, that the separate 12V plug is in the motherboard besides the normal ATX power plug.

3. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

I know this might sound stupid, but have you actually double check all the jumper settings. Make sure they are all set appropriately.

4. Chicky

Chicky TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you all for ur kind replies, i did all that has been suggested and voila my PC is running smoothly now.Thanks a bunch mates!

5. SubKamran

SubKamran TS Rookie Posts: 166

Yah, Asus says that the 4-pin ATX connector must be in otherwise it won't boot up. (manual)

6. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

No worries Chicky. Great hear that your back on track.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.