Unable to view Folders in Explorer (Windows 2000 Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When opening Explorer in Windows 2000 Server and clicking on View - Explorer Bars - Folders I am unable to see any folders in the left hand pane, just a grey area and a black X above it. the right side shows the folders just fine, and when selecting any other selection (favorite, search, etc...) in the explorer bar they work just fine. Thanks in advance

Have you tried setting All Folders back to Default thru Control Panel re-booted and tried to change the settings to your liking ? ?

patio. :cool:

Tried

patio said:
Have you tried setting All Folders back to Default thru Control Panel re-booted and tried to change the settings to your liking ? ?

patio. :cool:

I did try this and same issue, the issue I am having does not seem to be a individual user setting problem, as I can logon as differnet users and experience the same issues. I have found some solutions for ME regarding IE causing this problem, but the solution is not something I can use in 2000 Server. see attached screen shot of problem

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
Showing folders in Win2000

Look under View | Explorer Bar and see if Folders has a tick against it.

Yes it does, otherwise it would not show the grayed out folder list on the left, and when i select other items they show up with a tick next to it. This is not a simple fix, i have spent some time reseaching this, with no luck

when you click on one of the icons do you still have a greyed out area?
at this window try to click on the x or drag the right pane seperator over to fill the whole screen
I use details under views and under tools make all files the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back