Underground black market Atlantis disappears along with users' money

Shawn Knight

Staff member

underground atlantis scam

Earlier this week it was revealed that Silk Road competitor Atlantis was closing for business – or more rather, was being forced to shut down due to unknown security reasons out of their control. Customers were given one week to pull all money out of the system with any remaining funds being donated to a drug-related charity.

Many suspected Atlantis of being an FBI honeypot designed to gain information about online drug dealers but as it turns out, the whole thing might have just been a scam to steal money from users. Some customers reported issues trying to pull their Bitcoins and/or Litecoins out of the system after the announcement and now, the site has disappeared from the Deep Web completely.

It would seem that those behind Atlantis, online drug barons Loera and Vladimir, have made off with customers’ money. Or at least that’s the assumption of former forum moderator Cicero. The ex-moderator believes running the site – which sold illegal drugs, prescription pills and all sorts of other illegal wares – became too costly for the founders.

The easy way out, it seems, was to shut down shop and take whatever money was left in the system from customers and merchants.

Cicero claims he never met any of the administration team nor was he included in any insider information with regard to business operations. He was given permission to run the forums as he wanted and the founders did implement some of his suggestions but that was the extent of his involvement with the site.

Permalink to story.

Unfortunately these types of scams have been going on forever and will go on forever. The sad part is no one is immune to a scam and anyone can fall prey to a con. I hope they nab these bastards and throw away the key.

The government needs to stop wasting copious amounts of money battling this "war on drugs."

If drugs were legal, or regulated, there would be no need for illegal trafficking and the resulting gun violence (and scams like in the article). Prohibition of alcohol had the same effect, and alcohol is now regulated. I no longer use drugs, that includes alcohol. Out of all the drugs I experimented with, alcohol was the most dangerous. Alcohol is the gateway drug (not marijuana), lowering your inhibitions and making you more willing to try new things.

Then the association is developed and many people won't even consider doing that drug again until they're drunk. Portugal decriminalized drugs in 2001. Drug use has declined, offering optional assistance to addicts rather than mandatory prison terms, and causalities have lowered.

The information is a StartPage search away.

[FONT=franklin-gothic-urw] [/FONT]

The government needs to stop wasting copious amounts of money battling this "war on drugs."

If drugs were legal, or regulated, there would be no need for illegal trafficking and the resulting gun violence (and scams like in the article). Prohibition of alcohol had the same effect, and alcohol is now regulated. I no longer use drugs, that includes alcohol. Out of all the drugs I experimented with, alcohol was the most dangerous. Alcohol is the gateway drug (not marijuana), lowering your inhibitions and making you more willing to try new things.

Then the association is developed and many people won't even consider doing that drug again until they're drunk. Portugal decriminalized drugs in 2001. Drug use has declined, offering optional assistance to addicts rather than mandatory prison terms, and causalities have lowered.

The information is a StartPage search away.

[FONT=franklin-gothic-urw] [/FONT]
Startpage huh,you must care for privacy,nice . And I couldn't agree with you more;they won't legalize it though; it's a tool of tyranny they get a lot of money for putting people in corporate prisons. We imprison the most people in the world, this is a corporate controlled government that wants us 6 feet under that's why there is TOXINS in our food and water. And just to show how ridiculous this prohibition of bud is...the only country in the world that has bud completely legal with no restrictions is NORTH KOREA. And another substance dmt, is extremely illegal even though it occurs in everyone and is released when sleeping...the irony of this system is both sickening and hilarious.It 's illegal to be a biological being then? bud is bad for you but aspartame is good for you?

Back