Undetectable Virus On My System

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so about 2 months ago i bought a brand spanking new alienware system cost me quite a bit of money , and ill admit i dabble in hacking a bit.... but since ive started using IRC's ive been getting alot of non-responding folders and long loading times and sometime my whole pc doesn't respond for 40 seconds or something

i heard u guys are the best people to help me out

HJT log attached to this post

thx in advance :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You have not renamed HijackThis.exe as per the instructions. See HERE.

Your HJT log looks clean. However, this doesn`t necessarily mean your system is clean.

If you suspect a malware infection, then you should follow the link as given by bushwhacker. Please note: Because you`re running Vista, some of the tools etc may not work. If that happens, just skip to the next step.

Try and post Combofix, AVG Antispyware logs and a fresh HJT log. Also include the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of awbrandon only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

well combofix wouldnt work for me even thought i have 4Gb's of ram and 125GB left on my harddrive i got 'not enough memory error'

i followed everything in that thread except the tools that didnt work

nothing found anything except some trackings cookies which were promptly deleted

here is my HTJ log attached

btw there is only 1 symptom to this virus or whatever it may be and that is when i open folders i get not responding for like 20 seconds which didnt happen for the first month and a half of me buying the system

Your HJT log is still clean. Just because your system has slowed down, doesn`t necessarily mean it`s due to malware activity.

Go and read this tread HERE and see if it helps.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back