Undetected Cd-Rom drives after soundcard install, worked perfectly before

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

I bought and installed a new soundcard only to find after booting up that my Cd-Rom drives are undetected but still load discs!!??!!??!! I have a 300w psu and i am worried it has had its day.......

Thanks,

P.S= If i were to buy a new psu, what are the best makes?

Could be power. I used to have a Sony cd burner and it didn't burn, but read discs. I put it in another pc and it burned fine. LG drives seem to use less power to me.

300w is ok for cpu, ram, mobo, 2 fans, 1 optical driver, 1 floppy, and a few usb devices. Depending on the brand, Sparkle lists the lowest continuous wattages. Their 300w can output up to 350+ watts. Some no-names list the highest continuous wattages, when in actuality, they're outputing 50 watts less.

Good PSU brands are Antec, Enermax (my 300w has been running for 2+ years), Fortron, Sparkle, TT and PP. You can see them on newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com, etc.

Either power or the new soundcard is conflicting with some sys. resources.

Thanks

I have seen a nice Q-Tec power supply, (550w) is this a good brand?
Thanks for the help.

How would i stop the soundcard conflicting?

Thanks for the help...

Never heard of Q-Tec. Can't comment.

IF it's soundcard conflicting, you can see it in Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > open the soundcard properties.

Conflicts

There were no conflicts in any of the devices, so i am guessing its my 300w psu? Thanks for the help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back