Unexpected shutdowns on laptop

AndyLancs

Hi

I have a HP Pavillion g6. My laptop will randomly shutdown about three times per day. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I get an error message along the lines of 'USB bugcode error' (I will make a proper note when this happens next).

This info was taken from a recent shutdown:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000006
BCP3: 0000000000000005
BCP4: FFFFFA800A5C1C80
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I've also got some colour distortion on the screen that does not appear on an external monitor, so I conclude this is a cable or cable connection problem. Maybe this is related to the unexpected shutdowns.?

Current temps average 54C as I write this.

Thanks for any advice.

Go to C:\windows\minidumps\ Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

3rd times the charm :) Looks like a boot drive issue. Is the boot drive an SSD or regular hard drive?

Go to Computer, right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. After the disk check finishes, see if the shut downs continue

I spoke too soon. Just crashed three times. Minidump files from these incidents attached. Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• 010815-40295-01.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 010815-40295-01.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 010815-44834-01 (2).zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 010815-44834-01 (3).zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
None when it crashed.

Error message on blue screen when it crashes is always 'USB bug code error' (or something along those lines).

Cheers

Yes yellow triangle on the laptop. Right click says troubleshoot. Ill do that, but probably after the weekend. I've got important work to do this weekend and cannot risk an inactive laptop (I can live with occasional unexpected shutdowns, but don't want to take any risks. Its been behaving today). Thanks I'll let you know the result of the troubleshoot.

No wording with yellow triangle.
see attached screenshot

Attachments

• device yellow triangle.zip
    187.9 KB · Views: 4
Look in the control panel for "DEVICE MANAGER" not "DEVICES AND PRINTERS"!
Look for a Yellow (!) exclamation point...

OK thanks. A few yellows. Screenshot attached. Microsoft Toredo Tunnelling Adapter says 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)' when I open properties. The unknown device, when looking at properties/details says 'MF\Photosmart_7510_series&WSD&IP_PRINT'.

Thanks for your patience and persistence !

Attachments

• Device Manager Screenshot.zip
    157.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi

I uninstalled each with yellow triangle and restarted. But still getting unexpected shutdowns with same error message 'USB_BUGCODE_ERROR'.

Are you able to advise me further?

"I uninstalled each with yellow triangle and restarted"... They are Yellow exclamation points (!)

They were yellow triangles with a black exclamation inside. As set out in the attached screenshot in my message of January 10th.

All now gone. see latest attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Device manager screenshot 25 Jan 14.zip
    127.9 KB · Views: 3
Back