Unexplainable lock ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consiglieri

I have tested every piece of hardware in my system with hiren's boot cd.
Memtest, PC-doctor, wd diagnostics, maxtools, etc.
According to all, there is no problem with my hardware, yet I get a heap of bluescreens and freeze ups.

I have two wd sata 10.000 rpm raptors 74 Gig per disc, and I do have the feeling that somethings wrong, because one of them is making more noise then needed, but any and all programs to test these discs, say they are fine, including S.M.A.R.T. software. (non raid)

I hope someone can read out these minidumps, because as of yet, I can not.

http://consiglieri.tweakdsl.nl/systeminfo.zip is my hardware/irq/etc. information. (ask if u need more info)

Thanks heeps :D

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    93.6 KB · Views: 7
The only software pointers are from the two oldest ones. Klif.sys, which belongs to Kaspersky Anit-Virus and socketlock.sys, I don't know what this is but it's old - dated 16th Aug 2001.

I just uninstalled GRC's socketlock driver. It seems that i forgot about that one. Lets hope this gets me to where i want this to go.

As for the hard drive test. I will check wich raptor contains windows and pull the other one out, and visa versa. (and so on)

Thx for now. I will let you all know what result came from uninstalling socketlock.

greets

I am afraid it didnt help much. I still got a frozen up system, without anything that points in a direction that could help me solve the problem.

I am on the virge of reinstalling my xp installation. (just so you all know, this will take me a great deal of time, because i use this computer for a whole range of things)

Got another hit on klif.sys. Also psh_drv.sys, this belongs to Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0, check for an update for this. If that doesn't do anything then you'll have to uninstall Kaspersky to see if that's the problem.

I think the Kaspersky rootkit is interfering with ur Windows XP kernel. Uninstalling it should fix the problem. Use a good, free AV like Avast! or AVG.

I have uninstalled acronis completely. I have also searched the kaspersky forum, and i should have the latest version + hotfixes. (one hotfix is for klif.sys)

I will see what happens in the next few days, and will report back..

thx all

I have ghosted the windows installation to a secondary raptor and sent the, seemingly corrupted raptor to WD. It seems that no problems are occuring at all.
Although i find this wierd, because all disk tests including extensive SMART read outs, gave me positive results of that hard drive.

Time will tell

Well, I'm glad ur problem got solved. I suspected the HDD from the beginning though so it's not much of a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back