Uninstall ubuntu and put on windows 2000

I am new to ubuntu the computer came with it already installed as the OS. I have an insulin pump that only uses windows. So I need to take ubuntu off and install windows 2000. I have tried setting bios to boot from cd-drive. it starts to load windows takes 1-2 minutes and says unable to install. This has been the only way any response from windows has been acheived. I am exhausted with this situation. I am not a computer programmer and I need HELP.

You will probably need to use Windows 2000 disk to wipe the drives partition and reformat as NTFS (NT File System).

With PC's; it is the volume that is considered a partition, not a divider between two volumes. There must be a partition before the volume can be used.

Maybe a third party partitioning software will be helpful. (MiniTool® Partition Wizard) The BootCD will allow you to boot the system without needing an OS. Delete all partitions and then try booting Windows 2000 again. Deleting all partitions should remove any conflicting issues, that may be preventing Windows from installing.

I don't believe there is a partition. How do I use the windows cd to wipe drives, when it don't boot from the cd drive?

You might need to go into BIOS and change the boot order so the CD is before the hard drive. How you get into the BIOS varies from computer to computer. The manual should have that info.

What hardware is this? 2000 is pretty damn old, and while it was a fine OS for about a decade, it is a headache to get running well on modern hardware, not to mention it not being supported anymore (by pretty much everyone).

SATA controllers are going to be an issue for 2000, and new ones may not even provide 2000 drivers. If 2000 is getting past the hd controller, then there is no need for 3rd party partitioning tools (the installer is perfectly capable of deleting partitions and creating new ones). If it isn't getting past the hd controller, doesn't matter if you can format/repartition with 3rd party utilities because you still aren't going to get the installer to see it.

If your insulin pump works in 2000, it almost certainly works in XP, and is pretty likely to work in Vista/7/8.

Depending on your hardware, it might even be easier to just run 2000 in a VM from within Ubuntu.

OP, I'll give you a legit Windows XP key, if you really want.

Obtain a Windows XP Pro 32-bit disc somehow and let me know.

Depending on your hardware, it might even be easier to just run 2000 in a VM from within Ubuntu
I can confirm that 2000 will run happily in a VM under Fedora for me, so why not Ubuntu? (but XP fix might be easier if you're not into VM). Good luck :)

Back