Uninstallation of Norton Antivirus 2004 and other numerous problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here it goes:

For about 3-4 months Ive been infected with a virus that won't allow msconfig, windows task manager, and regedit to open. After browsing other threades Ive decided to take the action of downloadin Panda Ti AV software. When trying to install it detected Norton AV 2004 (I'll be calling it NAV from here on out)

I decided to Uninstall NAV and went the Symantec website for assistance. I was told to go to add/remove programs yet NAV was not listed. Aftet going through their step by step assistance I was led to delete most files of NAV. At the end of the process it was said to reinstall NAV and uninstall it again from add/remove. Since I upgraded from 2002 to 03 to 04 I looked for the download file or uninstall file but to no avail. Maybe I deleted it, I dont know. I cant delete the other versions because the exe file I downloaded rnav2003 says it can't remove Nav03 or 02 on version NAV 16.0 (I was confused at this) I soon downloaded Uninstallation Pro and then found it hidden in the add/remove files (weird because I have hidden files shown). After trying to force uninstall, it just comes back on the screen. Now NAV shows up on the Windows add/remove screen but it shows no option to remove NAV.

Alright now I still can't uninstall NAV after all this and the viruses are still here. Right now in Safe mode I am running AVAST antivirus to hopefully catch it. BTW system Restore is off, I ran Spybot, Ad-ware, Hijack this, removed proper files.

Im a teenager getting more and more stressed by this any ideas? Also sorry if this is on the wrong forum.

I may have been misled by so many other people also searching for it.
There IS rnav2003.exe on Symantec's website. They probably bring out rnav2004 when enough people put pressure on them.

It's probably faster to reinstall your PC than try to uninstall all that Norton/Symantec crap.
Hah, I just LOVE bashing the next-worst software company after [fill in what you like/expect] :hotbounce ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back