Uninstalled Soundmax By Accident. Help!

By ghettochild13
Oct 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok. i uninstalled soundmax from add/remove programs thinkin it was just another audio player i didnt need... sound doesnt work at all.. I HAVE A DELL 4600 PENTIUM 4... i went to device manager and under sound video and game controllers it says
    -audio codecs
    -legacy audio drivers
    -legacy video capture devices
    -media control devices
    -unimodem half-duplex audio devices
    -video codecs
    and under other devices it has a question mark with an exclamation mark beside multimedia audio controller.. BUT THATS UNDER OTHER DEVICES.. i went to dell drivers and downloads and downloaded Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio, right after it finished.. or i think finished something poped up with a big red x the title was soundMAX - Installshield Wizard and in the box it read, "windows audio service has been enabled! please restart your computer and run this installer again". i did, and the exact same thing poped up. So, i decided to download soundmax file version:4.0.100.1189. i ran that program or driver or whatever it was and a box poped up with a big red x once again.. it read "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again." i restarted the computer and installed the program again but again it said the same thing, at this point im stuck and dont know what the h*ll to do.:dead:.
  2. ghettochild13

ghettochild13 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

And Its A Windows Xp Service Pack 2
  3. ghettochild13

ghettochild13 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

nvm ppl... i was screwing around wit stuff n device manager n i just happened to click n download summin that fixed errthang.. thxs 4...... lol well in this case nothin... but i bet ill b back
  4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,279   +181

Well, see you then. Glad your problem was fixed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.