Uninstalled Soundmax By Accident. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. i uninstalled soundmax from add/remove programs thinkin it was just another audio player i didnt need... sound doesnt work at all.. I HAVE A DELL 4600 PENTIUM 4... i went to device manager and under sound video and game controllers it says
-audio codecs
-legacy audio drivers
-legacy video capture devices
-media control devices
-unimodem half-duplex audio devices
-video codecs
and under other devices it has a question mark with an exclamation mark beside multimedia audio controller.. BUT THATS UNDER OTHER DEVICES.. i went to dell drivers and downloads and downloaded Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio, right after it finished.. or i think finished something poped up with a big red x the title was soundMAX - Installshield Wizard and in the box it read, "windows audio service has been enabled! please restart your computer and run this installer again". i did, and the exact same thing poped up. So, i decided to download soundmax file version:4.0.100.1189. i ran that program or driver or whatever it was and a box poped up with a big red x once again.. it read "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again." i restarted the computer and installed the program again but again it said the same thing, at this point im stuck and dont know what the h*ll to do.:dead:.

nvm ppl... i was screwing around wit stuff n device manager n i just happened to click n download summin that fixed errthang.. thxs 4...... lol well in this case nothin... but i bet ill b back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back