Uninstalled Soundmax drivers & now get an error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: I deleted my Soundmax driver in my add/Remove programs. I thought it was junk. Now iam getting this message "Bad Directsound driver. Please install proper drives or another device in config. Well I went ahead and downloaded a new Soundmax driver and tried to download it and it said "Driver not found! Rebot your systeam and try again so I did and nothing. Iam computer illiterate and dont know what to do. what should I do now? Thank-you very much.

You have the driver downloaded to the hard drive right? OK Go to start my computer right click on it and hit propertie. Go to hardware tab and hit device manager. Open sound video and game controllers. Double click on your sound adapter and go to the driver tab. Hit update driver. The hardware update wizard will open. Check install from specific location and hit next. Select "Don't Search.." then click Next. Highlight your adapter and Click "Have Disk..." button. Click "Browse..." button and then select the driver location on the hard drive. highlight the driver then hit open. It ays copy manufacturers file from and shows the location. Now click "OK" button. Check Show compatable hardware and highlight your adapter. Click Next. If you get a has not passed inspection window, select "Continue anyway". If it asks to overwrite the file say yes. Reboot when asked and when the system restarts wait for the balloon in the lower right corner to say the device is installed. All done.

cant find what driver to use

Ive come to the point were Iam at the screen with different hardwear types. There are all kinds but I went into "Disk drivers" but I cant find the adapter iam looking for. What is the adapter called? I dont think that the soundmax driver is on my hard drive because evertime I run the setup and says "Driver not found!" what is this drive its talking about? Is there somthing I have to disable? Iam running windows XP if that helps any. I know iam confusing but bare with me lol. :eek:

Do you have a seperate sound card or is the sound on the motherboard? If it's a card what card? If it's on board the mobo what make and model of the mobo.

Eurika

Funny enough I was messing around with it earlier and found a device that works. I had to go through Dell in order to get the correct device for my comp. I very much appreciate your help. God bless and Thank-you. :grinthumb

Unistalled soundmax

I have unistalled soundmax from the add/remove section on the control panel. I followed the instructions to get it back until it said: "Double click on your sound adapter and go to the driver tab. Hit update driver." Where is sound adapter?

Right click "my computer" and hit properties. Go to the hardware tab and click on "device manager". It should be under sound video and game controllers. Double click and go to driver tab. Or you can go to view in the device manager tool bar, and click on "resources by connection" Then expand interrupt request (IRQ) and double click on the card. You'll see the drivers tab in the sound card properties window. On the driver tab hit update driver. When it asks say have disk. Then use the browse button to navigate to where you have download and unzipped (if necessary) the driver. If the driver was downloaded from the makers web site and is an executable (.exe) file, then this may not be necessary. Just double click the file and let it install itself. Problems/questions? Don't hesitate to post back!

Help Me

I accidentally uninstalled soundmax from my add and remove programs. How can I get this back. What is the best place to go to download it.

IM having the SAME problems... the exact same problems. Though, i'm using windows 2000. I have tried to reinstall soundmax but i always recieve this error message. Can someone help me? x.x

IM having the SAME problems... the exact same problems.

Can you post some info on your system. Brand, model, mobo, revision#? soundmax version info? It's pointless to guess what you guys have, and my crystal ball is out for its midwinter polishing.

Also anyone who resolved this problem, can you post what you found/did and where/how? So anyone else linking to this thread can get some answers about what worked?

I'm very sorry x.x I'm not quite sure what version my Soundmax was. I use windows 2000 and my comp is a dell.. i don't know if that helps at all. Well my sister's friend uninstalled Soundmax by accident some kind of way... and i've tried reinstalling the drive but it wont install i keep getting this error message. I tried to follow your instructions up there but it wont work unless i actually have the drive downloaded but it wont install. I don't know why...

soundmax problem

ive tried multiple times to download the file, soundmax but then something comes up and it closes. then i came across this forum and ive been reading the helpful tips, but i go to the "Double click on your sound adapter and go to the driver tab. HIT UPDATE DRIVER" i didnt have update driver in the driver tab! plllllllllleease help!

coolchingoo. What operating system do you have? What version of soundmax do you have? What do you mean by
ive tried multiple times to download the file, soundmax but then something comes up and it closes
That sentence makes no sense. What comes up? How does it close. Are you able to download and unzip the file to your hard drive? Is there a yellow question mark next to sound video and game adapters in Device Manager? When you expand sound video and game adapters is there even an entry for soundmax?

cant find chip

i've made it to where update drivers in the IRQ or whatever but im still unable to find my sound card so i dont know what to do. I also by the way deleted my soundmax in the add/remove programs list

is there anyplace else it would be besides under sound, audio, game controller or whatever because there is not tab under any of them to update the driver

Go here and download Everest Home. When the page opens In the left search bar, click on Computer, then "summary". Under "multimedia" copy down EVERYTHING it says and post it here. On the left again click mulitmedia, and post what it says under "PCI/PnP Audio" in the device description in the right window

Ok here's my situation...
Same thing, accidentally uninstalled SoundMAX

I have an ASUS motherboard...and that's just about all I know.

I've scanned with 2 programs: "Unidentified Device Finder" and "Everest Ultimate"

UDF gave me this:
Multimedia Audio Controller (Unknown):
AsusTEK Computer Inc Onboard Sound Codec
Chip: Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) SiS7012 Sound Codec

Chip: SiS 7012 Sound Codec

OEM Device: Onboard Sound Codec
OEM Vender: AsusTEK Computer Inc

Everest gave me this:
PCI / PnP Audio
Device Description Type
SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI

Audio Codecs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Software CODEC ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Software CODEC
Copyright Notice Copyright (C) 1993-1996 DSP Group, Inc.
License Information TrueSpeech is a trademark of DSP Group, Inc., Santa Clara, California.
Driver Features Compresses and decompresses DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) audio data.
Driver Version 1.00

[ Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (advanced) ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (advanced)
Copyright Notice Copyright c 1996-1999 Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
Driver Features bitrates up to 56kBit/s, mono and stereo codec (advanced)
Driver Version 1.09

[ IndeoR audio software ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description IndeoR audio software
Copyright Notice Copyright c 1997 Intel Corporation
Driver Features IndeoR audio software
Driver Version 2.05

[ Lernout & Hauspie CODECs ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Lernout & Hauspie CODECs
Copyright Notice Copyright (c) 1996 Lernout & Hauspie Speech Software Codecs NV and Microsoft Co
Driver Features Lernout & Hauspie (TM) Speech Products Voice Compression. Compresses and decompresses Lernout & Hauspie audio data.
Driver Version 1.00

[ Microsoft ADPCM CODEC ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Microsoft ADPCM CODEC
Copyright Notice Copyright (C) 1992-1996 Microsoft Corporation
Driver Features Compresses and decompresses Microsoft ADPCM audio data.
Driver Version 4.00

[ Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law CODEC ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law CODEC
Copyright Notice Copyright (c) 1993-1996 Microsoft Corporation
Driver Features Compresses and decompresses CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law audio data.
Driver Version 4.00

[ Microsoft G.723.1 CODEC ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Microsoft G.723.1 CODEC
Copyright Notice Copyright c 1996 Intel Corporation and Microsoft Corporation
Driver Features Compresses and decompresses G.723.1 audio data.
Driver Version 1.02

[ Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC
Copyright Notice Copyright (C) 1993-1996 Microsoft Corporation
Driver Features Compresses and decompresses audio data conforming to the ETSI-GSM (European Telecommunications Standards Institute-Groupe Special Mobile) recommendation 6.10.
Driver Version 4.00

[ Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC
Driver Features Compresses and decompresses IMA ADPCM audio data.
Driver Version 4.00

[ Microsoft PCM Converter ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Microsoft PCM Converter
Driver Features Converts frequency and bits per sample of PCM audio data.
Driver Version 5.00

[ MSN Messenger Audio Codec ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description MSN Messenger Audio Codec
Copyright Notice Copyright (C) 1997 - 2005 Microsoft Corporation
License Information ___
Driver Features MSN Messenger Audio Codec
Driver Version 4.00

[ Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net audio codec ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net audio codec
Copyright Notice Copyright c 1995-99 Sipro Lab Telecom Inc., Montreal
Driver Features ACELP.net audio encoder/decoder. For licensing please access HTTP: //www.sipro.com
Driver Version 3.02

[ Windows Media Audio ]

ACM Driver Properties:
Driver Description Windows Media Audio
Copyright Notice Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation, 1999 - 2001
Driver Features Compresses and decompresses audio data.
Driver Version 4.02

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that during the Everest report, Windows Audio did not generate any results. Also, in Device Manager, I have a "Multimedia Audio Controller" in yellow with a question mark beside it. I cannot update this driver because I don't have the CD.

Now it gets complicated, I downloaded SiS 7012 driver AND a SoundMAX Integrated Audio and both of them said "No Driver found, reboot and try again". Then I opened my tower, and on the motherboard, I found a chip with "SiS 963LuA" on it...which confused me even more.

Finally, the UDF also says I have an "ASUS Sound Codec"...so...I'm at a loss of what to even download.

Thank you very much.

All you need is the exact model of your motherboard then go to asus website to the support\downloads section and look up the model mobo you have and it will list all the correct software downloads for it.

you can use SIW to find the exact model of your mobo. look under "motherboard."

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

Thanks for fast replies...however, the problem is I dunno which drivers I'm missing ><

I tried the SiS7012 AND the SoundMAX and even SiS7018 and Intel ones...can I please a pointer or two? Stupid question I know but I've never encountered this before. Thanks!

The best way to get the correct driver is to do as I suggested. get the model of your mobo and go to asus website lookin the support downloads section for downloads for THAT board. ALL the correct drivers for THAT MODEL board will be availavble there. just download the soundmax drivers there, they will be the right ones.

SiS 963LuA is the onboard graphics chip. Go to device manager and double click on sound video and game controller. Click on the entry for the sound device and go to the driver tab. Hit update driver then no don't look for it on line, next install from a specific location. Then Search for best drivers look in these locations. Hit browse then navigate to where you downloaded and unzipped the 7012 drivers. Follow the instructions. Or....

Go to the driver tab and uninstall the device. Reboot. When the new hardware wizard opens navigate to the place where you saved the unzipped files. By the way along with the mobo model, what OS are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back