TechSpot

Uninstalling a program

By learninmypc
Feb 3, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I've been told you can uninstall a program (browser) by going into programs & features or alternately using revo to do same. So my question is how do you remove the browser if it don't show in either programs & features or in revo? I'm hoping by uninstalling Google Chrome , I can fix this problem http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-live-streaming.223410/ thank you :)

2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Evangelist Posts: 787   +58

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,599   +335

I dumped all addons with no effect so will check out your other option later today, thank you :)

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,330   +622

How did you get into this state (not showing up and yet 'still installed') ? my Chrome is visible in Programs & Features.

Cobalt006 likes this.
  5. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

Sounds as though Google Chrome was not installed right . From the start. My google chrome shows up in the Program and features to.You may need to remove manually from windows.

6. learninmypc

That is a very good question. I installed it the same way I installed FF & I can see Firefox.
    I fear touching the registry so I might have to leave it as is. :(

7. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Evangelist Posts: 787   +58

What if you reinstall Chrome? That might add an entry in Programs and Features, then you uninstall it.

8. learninmypc

Yes, that worked but it still won't live stream so. I'll remove it via Programs & Features :)