Uninstalling CSNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBN

Hi there,

All of a sudden these since a few says ago, instead of my log on screen where I enter my administrator and limited account passwords, i asks me to press ctrl + alt +del and then enter my Administrator password.

In Control Panel there is a new feature added CSNW?

I want to get rid of this. Any help is appreciated.

Have you ever had anything by the name of NetWare installed? Or did you just install it? It seems that the CSNW icon in the Control Panel has something to do with Client Services by NetWare. If you didn't install these manually, I'm not sure why they would be there. It could be that you have some malware, or maybe not; if you got any other problems with settings changing, it might be good to read this thread and post a HJT log.

As for your other problem, I think that's just in whether you have it set to classic login view or the Windows XP view. I think that you can modify this in the User Accounts thing in Control Panel.

OK I have managed to workout how you uninstall CSNW I think, and it has worked partly.

Open up network connections. Click on properties on the network connection. In the box there will be CSNW (The full name of it will be there) Highlight it and click uninstall.

However I still have the problem of pressing ctrl + alt + del to boot into windows.

So if I understand correctly, instead of having all the user names and their icons come up on startup, it says press ctrl+alt+del and when you do that, it gives you a screen to enter your user name and password manually.

If this is the case, I think you can modify it in User Accounts in control panel by choosing like Windows XP view instead of Classic View (or something like that). problem is, I don't know how exactly to do that, cuz my computer is set up to log onto a server, so my user accounts thing is different.

anyway, hope you get it fixed

Thanx, I manged to solve both probelms as you hit the post button o nthe thread lol. Thanx a million I would have followed your instructions. I managed to solve the later probelm by going to User Accounts in control panel and clicking on change the way users....

How did this happen though with out me installing anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back