Uninstalling fsecure hidden traces - can you help?

Is there any kind soul out there that can help me with uninstalling fsecure? I have tried a lot of things, I did the Revo and CCleaner, but it is still around and I can not install my new antivirus (nod32). Fsecure can not be seen in the Add/removal box and nowhere else in my eyes, but the Nod32 program installation sees it somewhere... I am new here but would be so greatful!

First of all, welcome to TS.

There is an officiall fsecure uninstallation tool, you can download its package here:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/UninstallationTool.zip.

Caution is required in its use and you are advised to follow instructions carefully. Bear in mind that the tool will not remove F-Secure software if it was installed directly into an unsafe location, such as c:\, c:\windows or c:\program files. This is because it will delete the directory into which F-Secure was installed and, as such, it would also delete the rest of the files.

If you have good technical understanding of computers and fsecure, you can uninstall manually, otherwise I wouldn’t advise it.

For info see here:

http://www.f-secure.com/kb/6640

Thanks! Unfortunately it was installed in the c:\programs folder so that tool will not work either.... I do not have "good technical understanding of computers and fsecure", is there any other way then?

Back