Uninstalling Windows 7

mcmurphy12

Is there anyway I can uninstall Windows 7 with formatting? And, if I uninstall it, will that free up the product key to use on a different computer.

Install Windows 7 on the other computer. It should activate without problems. If you run into trouble just call Microsoft's automated activation number. if you are asked how many systems have you installed this on say one. You can format the other computer's hard drive later...

I havent tried it but I am pretty positive installing new OS over any other os will overwrite previous.

Yes jaydeee,
you can overwrite the OS, but it is best to format first. Windows will tell you that data exists on the partition, and it's not wise to use it. mcmurphy12 wants to remove Windows 7 from one computer and use it on another computer. Depending how many times he does this, will determine if he will have activation issues

I got it all figured out now. In my original post, I meant to say without formatting, but I just backed up everything and formatted and installed Ubuntu on the one computer and moved Windows to a different. Everything worked out with activiation, so I am set. Thanks for all the help guys.

Back