Unistalled soundmax, no sound

Go to the web site for your computer or motherboard vendor. Look under Support and you should find the drivers for your pc model and your version of windows

What's the make/model of your computer. What Windows are you running?
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post

Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01421028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&FD The drivers for this device are not installed.

Try that ADI driver in my previous post. When you run it, it should extract the files and run the installer on its own.

OK. If the installer didn't start on its own you'll need to start it manually. The files should've been extracted into C:\Dell\Drivers\R56339. Look in the folder and double click to run the Setup.exe file.

I'll take a closer look at the driver files but will have to wait till tomorrow. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz off to bed shortly

Oh. One quick thought.
  1. Right click on My Computer then select Properties to open System Properties.
  2. In “System Properties” dialog box, select the Hardware tab.
  3. Click on Driver Signing button.
Make sure it's not set to Block. It should be set to Warn or Ignore.

Last edited:
Back