Universal Studios takes over Aaron Sorkin's Steve Jobs biopic

1. Less than a week after Sony Pictures dropped Aaron Sorkin's film about Steve Jobs, it has been picked up by Universal Studios.

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,425   +470

Maybe this is why Sony got hacked, a fanboy got upset over them cancelling "god" 's movie.
  3. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 819   +385

The man is dead...leave him be!
  4. "from a script by Aaron Sorkin"

Spoiler Alert -
    The movie starts with Steve Jobs being born in a barn surrounded by animals to a "virgin" mother. Three tech wise men arrive to offer the baby gifts of gold, frankincense, and apples...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

I think I'll stick with the Cartoon Network instead.
  6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Frankincense is more hippie than hipster. I'm picking that the three wise-but-probably-introverted tech men might have given an ironic t-shirt, a mirror, and this...
  7. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Addict Posts: 294   +58

"During an interview earlier this month, Sorkin revealed that the movie would not be a sweeping biopic, instead it would be divided into three long scenes that follow Jobs as he prepares backstage ahead of three major product announcements: the Mac, the NeXT (after Jobs left Apple), and the iPod."

That just sounds boring in general.

The only interesting thing that ever happened was setting up a small cell phone tower just to ensure that the iPhone maintained an internet connection.
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,462   +1,760

Universal Studios, huh? Does this mean I'll be able to leave this turd sit at Redbox on the day it's laid, or I'll have to wait 28 days longer to ignore it?