Unklown 3rd CD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjamme

Very strange things going on here. Last week I had an E:\ drive inside my USB Drive, which was E:\ at the time in Windows Explorer.
Now I have a CD Drive (E:\) and my USB has become F:\ as a result. The strange thing is "Manage My Computer" does not show it, nor does Removeable Data. I ran diskpart and it doesn't show it either. See attached jpeg.
I can probably remove all my USB items and get it back, but that might mess me up worse.
Any ideas how to lose the Ghost CD Drive E:\?

Attachments

• diskpart.jpg
    diskpart.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
  1. What version of Windows are you using
  2. From your attached picture, is the drive that you're referring to called "Volume 1"
  3. Do you have any software such as DAEMON Tools, Magic Disc or Virtual CloneDrive installed

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

If you have a U3 USB flash drive, then it will add both an optical drive and a normal USB flash drive to your system when connected.

Sorry windows XP pro SP2.
volume 1 is My Sony DVD RW The CD Drive (E) is not showing here at all.
And I am pretty sure my USb is not U3 it is fairly old (2GB Toshiba). It has been working quite well and still does. It's just that I think it threw this E:\drive in there.
I had done my profile but it was gone so I redid it.

No problem, mate :)

From that picture that you attached all I can see is two optical drives, a Hard Drive partitioned into three (or two hard drives - one partitioned into two) and your flash drive. Which one is the mystery E:\ drive?

Windows Explorer

The problem is that it shows up in Windows Explorer and pushes my USB to F:\ even though there is actually nothing showing anywhere else as E:\ and I don't have a CD Drive, just a DVD and DVD-RW

Attachments

• E-Drive.jpg
    E-Drive.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 6
Something Fixed It, wish I knew What

Well my exteral USB drive started working again and my 3rd CD drive disappeared. No idea what did it, just been tinkering for weeks.
Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back