unkown_image in minidumps. any hints?

By cord
Jul 18, 2006
  1. Hello All,
    My computer has been having a recent series of crashes. In searching through the web I came across this site and was hoping for some tips in analyzing my minidump files.

I have gone through the usual memtest thing as well as the general steps for troubleshooting. I keep my computer fairly clean and have re-installed windows over the past week or two.

I have been unable to figure out the culprit of which driver it is that is causing this issues. My system was otherwise working perfectly before being wiped clean and formatted. I would appreciate any help that you guys could give.

thanks in advance.
  2. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

Your minidumps are showing image and memory corruption. Swap out you memory modules if you have more than one. Run a memory test and see if that finds a problem, sometimes the memory test doesn't catch the faulty memory.
    You might need to get new memory.
  3. cord

cord TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for the quick reply. I think I will put on an exhaustive memory test over night.

My motherboard is a DFI lanparty so luckily it has memtest in the bios which I can boot to.

I will report back if I make any progress.
  4. cord

cord TS Rookie Topic Starter

Alright, I left memtest running over night and when I woke up, it hadnt listed any problems though I suppose it doesnt save the data from each individual iteration?

Either way, I had two other modules that I have replaced into my computer to see if it fixes the issue.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.