TechSpot

unlocked xp-3200+

By stormey52
Sep 3, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, first time posting so hi
    I'm getting ready to unlock my amd xp-3200 and have a ?
    i'm using a asus a7n8x-e m/b in the bios it shows cpu multipliers up to 16.5
    does this mean it's already unlocked (at the factory) or do i still have to work with the cpu ie fill in the gaps and connect the dots

thanx for any help
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

Do a Google search with the stepping number thats on the chip.
  3. NFSFAN

NFSFAN TS Rookie Posts: 340

16.5 is unlocked
  4. stormey52

stormey52 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanx I think I got lucky with this cpu i'm at 2405 mgz at about 52c on prime95
    just trying out a big typhoon from thermatake but i got to looking at the L1 and didn't see any pits to fill in!! after i had already bought a windshield fogger repair kit. does any one know how fast you can go with the xp3200+?
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

I'm not sure but I know that whatever you can get with a 3200+ (even unlocked) you can get faster with a XP-M 2500+ or higher (barton core).
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

the 3200+XP runs VERY hot. So be careful with overclocking.
    Ensure you have excellent cooling.

Newer XP chips are NOT overcolckable as they are locked.
    I know, I own one and also toasted a 2500 in the past with overclocking.
    The 3200 is quite fast at stock speed. I really don't recommmend overclocking it.
  7. stormey52

stormey52 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I want to thank all who responded to my ? I will stay at 2405 mhz till i can afford a new m/b and chip. With vcore at 1.825 it's running at 53c on prime 95 with big typhoon cooler from thermatake (fun install)! It sure is Quiet used to have volcano 7+ anyhow thanx
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.