Unlocking pipes and shadders for my 7800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossFire851

I need help unlocking unlocking pipes and shadders for my 7800GT , like it says in the title.

Thanks for all the help I know I will receive!!

(450/1.08 OC'd @ 500/1.18)

I think the 7800gt either doesn't have any more pipes/shaders, or they're hard disabled and can't be re-enabled. I tried to unlock my 7800gt with rivatuner, and it let me change the settings for the pipes and shaders, but even after rebooting the settings wouldn't "stick," it'd revert back to 20/7.
Mine shows that pixel unit 3 is "disabled" and that vertex unit 7 is disabled. By it saying disabled, then I assume that it has the units on the card. Nvidia may have done hardware modification to prevent them from being enabled, like what could be done for (some) 6200 and 6800 cards.

ihave the program...can u

CrossFire851 said:
I tried rivna tunner with no avail.

Maybe if I revert to older drivers?

(not that I would want to)

can u tell me how to how to use that program plz!!!!!!!!!

the 7800 series use the same chip so the GT is essentially the same as the GTX. However, Nvidia decided to laser lock 4 pipes on the GT line. It is impossible to physically unlock 4 pipes to get a grand total of 24 pipes on the GT now. When the 7800 series was first made available to general consumers, some had mild success in seeing 24 pipes via Rivatuner, but after a reboot, the computer would revert back to the 20 pipes. The next batch of 7800's produced 3 months after the initial release slimmed the success rate of unlocking from mild to extremely rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back