UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.. STOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltrun

Hi there. I have been running a self built computer smoothly for about 1-1.5 years. here are computer stats:

ABIT NF8 mobo
2x pc-400 kingston 500MB RAM
NVIDIA AGP 6600 GT 128 MB
AMD Athlon 64 3000
Seagate Barracuda 160GB HDD
SONY DVD R/RW

Here is my issue: One day out of no where it crashed horribly and I recieved STOP messages of UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME, which to add to their annoyance appeared for only a split second (literaly, WAY less than a second) and then rebooted. This happened right after my bios booted up and windose began to boot up. Thank windoze for never allowing the option "auto reboot on STOP" to be unclicked. I couldn't unclick it because I couldn't get into windoze! It took me nearly all day to finially reinstall XP. So I figured it was a corrupt HD files. I ran CHKDSK (before reinstall) and it did not help and unfourtunatly I could not access the windoze recovery console because of a password I forgot :rolleyes:

So I cleaned it off and reinstalled completely. Now I'm recieveing the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error message 10-30 minutes after booting into windoze, playing graphics intense games or not, it does not matter. Sometimes it would not even get to load windoze beause it would freeze onNVIDA bootup agent or somthing. I thought my HD may be dieing, but I think it could be my graphics card or even my MOBO (which I thought was decent). Uhg please help me troubleshoot the source of this problem and correct it!

I'm also thinking my drivers may have somthing to do with it. my chipset drivers say they need SP2, which I can't get because I can't find my correct windoze CD, but I'm sure NVIDIA has updated drivers for regular XP, but I'm not quiet sure how to correctly test which driver is working and which is not.

Lastly, I am hearing a beeping sound offasionaly when it crashes from inside the case. How do I track down the problem(s)? Thanks!

let me see if i can get some BSOD minidump, not quiet sure how tho i will read on it.

EDIT : Uhg couldn't find C:/windows/minidump or anything like that =/

wingbg'ed my single dump found problem at ntkrnlpa.exe... No idea where to go from here. I was only able to get one minidump to actually work because at the BSOD screen they kinda froze and were unable to complete the dump. Where should i go now? Thx ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back