Unplugged and Moved Computer, Now it will not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cleaning my office and moving my office around yesterday. I unplugged the computer and disconnected all peripherals in order to move it to the other side of the room. Once everything was in place in the new location, I connected everything and then plugged in the computer. the fan came on, leds show up on my ethernet port, but the computer won't turn on. I press the on button and get nothing, the fan continues to turn, and only turns off if I unplug the machine... is this a PSU problem?

I have already purchased a new and improved computer, but need to access my old one for contact information, legal documents, and website addresses that I can't afford to lose.

I am considering bringing it in for service but thought if the suggestion is that the PSU is bad then I might just switch that out myself.

please advise.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just try starting the computer with just the mains cable and monitor attached.

The reason I say that, is because not so very long ago, I had the same problem.

It turned out that the din connector to my tv card was shorting out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

You may have dislodged the video card out of its slot during the move, especially if you move the case with the cable(s) still connected to the video card, so try opening the cae to make sure that the card is inserted properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back