Unreal Tournement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFF-Zidane

Hey, I have a question for all you UT players out there... I cant get my Unreal tournement.exe file to work because it says that its linked to the missing or (something else) file. another Alert comes up saying that it is the Core.dll file. Anyone help me???

weird. is it the shortcut yer talkin about? if so, just make another shortcut. if not, uh.... the only thing i could suggest is reinstall....

...or you could wait for a better reply. :D

Well, if the file is REALLY missing, then there is no choice but to reinstall Unreal Tournament. That's an essential file for the game to run I would imagine.

Other alternatives might include running scandisk.. If you've had any unexpected shutdowns in between the time it used to work and now, then the file could be corrupted or crosslinked or God only knows what else. But perhaps Scandisk/Chkdsk can fix it. If you are using Windows 98/Me, you can find Scandisk in Start/Program Files/Accessories/System Tools. If you are using 2000 or XP, then you should right click on your drive in My Computer and choose "Properties".. When the box comes up, select "Tools" and "Check disk for errors"

As a final note, your Unreal Tournament.exe should be in the "UnrealTournament\System" folder.. If it has somehow decided to pack its bags and leave its directory, then copy it back there.

Any cracks or patches that have been applied to it might have screwed it up too.

you could also try "Find (search in XP)-->Files and Folders" and look for the missing file that way, I have had files to disappear and magically materialize in another location, though I suspect someone moved them.

I don't think that error would be caused by this but I just want to cover everything, has your CD drive letter changed? Usually that will just give an error about finding the disc if any at all though unless that file is one that is read from the CD rather than the HDD.

...or you could wait for a better reply.

that put a :D on my face..hehehe..is that like a 2-way bet...;)

But seriously...all suggestions from Whack0 / Rick /StormBringer
I think will solve your probs, and then you can start fraggin'...:cool:

what r ur specs?

Usually When Windows says you're missing something, it isn't lying. Reinstalling Unreal Tournament might fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back