TechSpot

Unresolved BSOD install error - help!

By drashleyscully
Aug 1, 2007
  1. Not sure if this is the right forum to post on but here goes. I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with as its been ongoing for quite a while now and I'm pulling out my hair trying to solve it. I'm trying to do an install of XP (service pack 2) on my computer and I cannot get through an install - I actually cannot get past the point after it asks for f6 for any drivers and finishes copying files. The exact error I am getting is Stop 0x0000007B (0xF7C79524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA 81945P Pro, one gig of RAM. I have one harddrive, an 80 gig western digital. I already had XP installed on it and it was beginning to get a bit slow / i was beginning to suspect a virus (i'm paranoid) so I decided to reinstall.

So far I've tried a new harddrive, tried different XP install discs in case mine was scratched or otherwise corrupted (including 64 bit edition and even a windows 2000 disc). I've double checked all the jumpers and cabling - with one drive I'm not using RAID and have it disabled via BIOS. I'm using the same IDE cabling I had previously. No virus' that my anti virus scanner could pick up either. Memtest ran without finding an issue with my ram. I currently have Vista installed (it was the only thing I could load) and am running with no real issues other than I dislike it and find it slow... My thinking is if Vista runs, my components should be fine or Vista would be balking at them too. I have made absolutely no hardware changes since the last install of XP.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've quite run out of ideas.
    Thanks!

2. drashleyscully

drashleyscully TS Rookie Topic Starter

Solved!

Corruped floppy disk that I was using for the drivers. Used a new floppy, redownloaded the drivers and everything seems to be going fine now.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.