Unresolved BSOD install error - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drashleyscully

Not sure if this is the right forum to post on but here goes. I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with as its been ongoing for quite a while now and I'm pulling out my hair trying to solve it. I'm trying to do an install of XP (service pack 2) on my computer and I cannot get through an install - I actually cannot get past the point after it asks for f6 for any drivers and finishes copying files. The exact error I am getting is Stop 0x0000007B (0xF7C79524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA 81945P Pro, one gig of RAM. I have one harddrive, an 80 gig western digital. I already had XP installed on it and it was beginning to get a bit slow / i was beginning to suspect a virus (i'm paranoid) so I decided to reinstall.

So far I've tried a new harddrive, tried different XP install discs in case mine was scratched or otherwise corrupted (including 64 bit edition and even a windows 2000 disc). I've double checked all the jumpers and cabling - with one drive I'm not using RAID and have it disabled via BIOS. I'm using the same IDE cabling I had previously. No virus' that my anti virus scanner could pick up either. Memtest ran without finding an issue with my ram. I currently have Vista installed (it was the only thing I could load) and am running with no real issues other than I dislike it and find it slow... My thinking is if Vista runs, my components should be fine or Vista would be balking at them too. I have made absolutely no hardware changes since the last install of XP.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've quite run out of ideas.
Thanks!

Solved!

Corruped floppy disk that I was using for the drivers. Used a new floppy, redownloaded the drivers and everything seems to be going fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back